Today, Google is the most comprehensive internet platform in the technology world. You can find yourself searching for something or checking your e-mails on Google constantly. It means that Google is needed almost everywhere. People utilize Google not only in their homes or offices but also in cafes or on the streets. Most of the communication between people happens via Google Mail. However, you may want to delete Google account because of anything. You may start to use another platform, or your G-Mail account may be hacked. Therefore, there are steps for you!
Steps to Delete Google Account
- First, you should log into your account.
- Then, click the myaccount.google.com link.
- On the left side of the page, you will see the option named “Data and personalization.” Click it.
- Now you should click the option named “Download, delete, or make a plan for your data” at the bottom of the page.
- It’s almost done! Now click the “Delete a service or your account” button.
- Finally, you can click the “Delete your account” option and then, your account will be deleted.
How to Delete Your G-Mail Account?
Google account is not the same as your G-Mail account. Thus, if you want to only delete your G-Mail account, you don’t need to delete your whole Google account. When you delete your G-Mail account, you will no longer be able to send and receive e-mails, and you can’t reach your previous connections. Hence, there are steps for you!
- Log into your Google account.
- Click the link named myaccount.google.com
- Then, click the option named “Data and Personalization” on the left side of the page.
- Click the option named “Download, delete, or make a plan for your data,” and then click the “Delete a service or your account button.
- Now, you should click the “Delete a service.”
- There will be a G-Mail section and “Delete” button on the section. Click it. Then, your G-Mail account will be deleted.
FAQs for Google Accounts
When you have a G-Mail account, you automatically get a Google account too. With your Google account, you will be able to utilize Google’s other services free.
Google has so many services for its users. For example, services such as Google Drive, Google Docs, etc. can only be used via your Google account. Your G-Mail account is for sending and receiving e-mails.
Google has its own policies. If you behaved against their policies, your account could be disabled. When you try to log in, they will give you the reason. For recovering your account, you will see an option named “Try to Restore.” Click it and follow the steps given.
You can call Google Customer Services. Their number is 1-855-836-1987. However, we don’t generally suggest that because they are mostly answering with answering machines. Thus, it is hard to reach personnel. If you go to the Support Page and state your problems as messages, personnel will reach you. Hence, it can be a more efficient way for you.
If you forgot your password, you can click the “Forgot my password” and change it. If you do not remember your e-mail address, you can use your telephone number to get your e-mail address. You can reach the support team in case of any other problems related to recovery since if you deleted your account, they would help to recover your account.
In this article, we tried to show you the steps of deleting your Google and G-Mail accounts. Hopefully, they would be helpful!