An email address is the building block of your business on the web. It allows you to do loads of things, from creating your business’s social media accounts to sending emails to your customers. Although many business owners ignore the importance of professional-looking email addresses, they play an essential role in building a strong online presence. Well, how are you going to create such an email account? No worries! In today’s guide, we are going to teach you how to make a professional email address for your business.
Before we start, we are going to understand what a professional business email address is and its importance. Besides, we are going to give you different email address formats and tips for creating a better professional email account. At the end of our guide, we are going to list its top 7 benefits. Well, if you’re ready, let’s get started with our first topic.
What Is a Professional Email Address?
When you enter into the professional business world as a new entrepreneur, you cannot use a personal email address to send and receive emails from your customers/clients. It does not look professional at all, right? This is where professional email accounts come in. You may be wondering, ‘What exactly is it? Let’s dig a little deeper. A professional email address is an email address that is used for your business needs and business-related communications. In other words, a professional business email address allows you to communicate with your business-related partners like customers or suppliers.
The Importance of a Professional Email Address
Everything has become more online and interconnected than ever. As a business owner, you should use your email account only for business-related activities and professional relationships. For example, you need to create a professional email account in order to;
- Send emails to your customers, potential audience, and subscribers,
- Communicate with your suppliers, business partners, or colleagues,
- Inform your employees,
- Or create a professional branded account on social media platforms.
How to Create a Professional Email Address
Of course, there is no law that prohibits using your middle school email address. However, it would be better to use a professional email account when we come to the professional business world. This is because the email address becomes your brand identity on the web, so it is used for all your business-related activities. For these reasons, you shouldn’t use funny or silly emails, such as [email protected] or [email protected]
Once you decide to create a professional email account, you will have 2 options to choose from. Let’s start with the best known-option first.
- Google’s Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. Many free email service provider options are available, such as Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook, or iCloud. Most people use such services to create personal email accounts. But the problem is that there is a big difference between a personal email address and a professional email address. An email like [email protected] or [email protected] may not be perceived as professional by customers. Since such email addresses don’t have a professional look, they cannot help you create a trustworthy brand image in your customers’ minds.
- Other Email Service Providers: There is a range of email address service providers other than Gmail or Yahoo Mail. Most of these services offer paid plans that let you add your domain name to your email address. What do we mean by that? For example, you can create an email like [email protected] or [email protected]
Once you decide to use professional email service providers, there will be 3 stages you should follow.
1) Select your email service providers
As we touched above, there are different email service providers to choose from.
- Google Workspace: Google Workspace helps you create your own professional email account with your business domain name.
- Bluehost: Bluehost is one of the most commonly used hosting options, thanks to its affordable paid plans and hundreds of advanced features.
- Zoho: Zoho is an inexpensive alternative to Bluehost. The platform allows you to create domain-based email addresses.
2) Buy your domain name
In order to create a professional email account, you should include your domain name in your email address. So, you need a domain name, right? After selecting your email provider to use, the next step is to buy a domain name. At this point, there are hundreds of domain name registrars available on the internet. You can take a look at GoDaddy, Bluehost, DreamHost, Namecheap, or Domain.com.
3) Choose your email address format
After selecting the email service provider you will use and buying a domain name, it is time to choose your email address format. You should determine your goal to use the right format; what do you want to do with your email address? For example, do you want to hire a new employee? Or, do you want to provide the best customer support service? Let’s jump right into professional email address formats.
Professional Email Address Formats
Now that you know more about the importance of creating a professional email account. Let’s dig into that a little bit more and see the formats of business email addresses.
Since the format you use depends on your business needs, you may want to create more than one email address at the same time. We can categorize email addresses based on different business needs. In this case, you will have five main titles.
When your customers have a problem, request, or need, these types of emails allow them to contact you.
When a possible business partner like a supplier would like to collaborate with you, there is no better communication channel than your professional email account.
You may need to hire new employees from time to time. In such cases, the email address you will use will also vary.
Well, let’s take the example of an imaginary business owner: Bob Kelly. He wants to create a business email address to send emails to current and potential customers. Here are the possible professional email account examples.
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
Tips For Creating a Professional Email Address
When it comes to creating a professional business email address for your brand, some tips can be more helpful than you think. Here are the top six tips for making the best email address.
- Keep your email address short: When creating an email address for your business, you should skip unnecessary details; otherwise, the address will be too long to recall and spell.
- Make it memorable: Try not to use complicated names. Instead, you should use catchy names that your customers/clients can easily remember.
- Do not use numbers: You should avoid using numbers in your email address. You may be wondering, ‘Why?’ It is simple to understand. Numbers are generally an indicator of people’s age, date of birth, or even the last four digits of people’s phone numbers. It doesn’t look professional, right?
- Make your email address easy-to-pronounce: Sometimes, you need to say your email address out loud to your customers/clients. For this reason, you should avoid using words that are hard to say.
- Use your business name in the form of a domain name: When you create an email by Google’s Gmail or Yahoo Mail, you will have an email like [email protected], for example. However, such emails may be considered unprofessional by recipients. On the other side, if you use your domain in the email address, you will be able to take your business one step forward.
- Don’t repeat letters: Since double letters make an email address hard to read and type, you should also avoid using double letters.
7 Important Benefits of Using a Professional Email Address for Your Business
Well, using a professional email address has lots of advantages for you and your business. Also, it is essential for email marketing. So, we are going to list the top 7 benefits. Let’s take a look at them!
- Since it gives a good impression of your business and makes you look more professional, a professional business email address lets you boost your brand on the web.
- When you send an email to your clients with your professional business email address, you can increase your email open rate. This is because such email addresses distinguish you from other emails in the inbox.
- Don’t forget that your employees receive dozens of emails per day. In this case, they will be able to recognize you and what you say if you send an email from your professional email account.
- When you send an email to your clients/customers with a professional email account, you will be able to give more confidence than when you send an email to them with your personal email address.
- Since the professional business world requires seriousness, having a professional email account is much better for creating a professional resume or cv.
- If you use a random email address instead of a professional business email account, your emails will end up in the spam or junk folders at the end of the day.
- An email address with your business domain name helps you spread your brand awareness among your clients/customers. This is because more professional approaches help you attract your customers’ attention.
FAQs About Professional Email Addresses
There are three primary reasons for this. First and foremost, using your domain name in your email address lets you create trust and credibility among your customers/clients. Second, it gives your brand a more professional look. Finally, you can protect your business from unexpected trademarks and copyrights.
The best email address template depends on what you want to do with it. To give an example, if you want to give support or solve the problems of your customers/clients, you can use [email protected] Or, if you’re going to make it easy for possible suppliers to reach you, you can create an email like [email protected]
Yes. Since different email address formats meet various business needs, you can run your business easier.
Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook, iCloud, or Zoho Mail.
There are a lot of email service providers that offer different advanced features at different prices. For example, Bluehost’s basic hosting plan starts at $2,95 per month, while Google Workspace’s basic plan starts at $6 per month.
Our Final Thoughts on Professional Email Addresses
There is a definite difference between your online presence and your online business presence. This is where professional email addresses come into play. If you run your business on the web, your email address should look professional in every aspect. Today, we have talked about how to do it. The easiest way is to use a free email service provider like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. However, it is important to have your domain name in your email address. At this point, some fantastic email address services like Bluehost, Zoho, or Google Workspace can help you customize your email address as you want.
There are lots of benefits to using professional email accounts. They allow you to be taken more seriously by your current and potential customers, suppliers, business partners, and even employees. In our guide, we have listed several tips for creating the best email address for your business. For example, you should keep your business email address short, make it memorable and easy to pronounce. Don’t forget one pretty important thing. Your email address is your brand identity on the web, so try to choose your email format carefully.